It is by far a cultural environment showing great cautiousness when it comes to radical differentiation, unless applied in large scale and homogeneity.
At the same time, novel and even disruptive technological advancements are needed Now in order to help shipping transition towards sustainability, digitalization, low emissions and energy efficiency.
The maritime segment graciously invites ambitious entrepreneurs, with the skill of inventing and design thinking to provide the solutions sought that will bring value, profitability and a way out of the modern dilemmas.
At the same time, there are numerous Start-Ups and Scale-Up companies with such novel solutions in below possible states:
- On Design board (concept),
- As a small-scale MVP (minimum viable product) prototype,
- In full scale testing,
- A proven TRL7 technology or service, but struggling to scale.
For all above conditions of such new technologies and disruptive services, Finocean provides business and product development support to boost Start-Ups and Scale-Up growth and place the seeds for future global establishment.
Our experts have many years of experience in adopting technological solutions to an upgraded benchmark ship, hence able to navigate and advise new entrepreneurs to avoid losing time, spending unnecessarily or wrongfully their resources, and find the right pathways for harvesting opportunities to either gain recognition and successful reference in the shipping industry, or effectively ramp-up their orderbook by crossing the chasm towards scale building of an established business.
Typical advisory services for Start-Ups:
- Market Analysis and Niche-finding prospects,
- Product review and ‘Marinization’,
- Best-matching Owners for full scale prototype testing,
- Support for product and ship Class approval stages,
- Outsourcing engineering for product development,
- Ship Integration feasibility,
- Go-To-Market Strategy development,
- Sales and marketing methods and material.
Typical business development work for Scale-Ups:
- Product fine-tuning for cost effective scaling,
- Sales and marketing methods and material/content,
- Market segment development strategies,
- Best-matching partners for fleet agreements,
- Outsourcing engineering for Product & Projects documentation,
- Global Sales Networking sourcing & Training,
- Technical Sales team Training.