Most ship design benchmarks are based on a categorization that leads back to more than 40 years of standardization, while new technologies such as propulsion systems, hull design tools and automation applications enable for enhanced energy efficiency and fuel cost reduction.
Shipyards prefer to limit deviations in generating derivatives from such benchmarks, hence any given Ship investment is usually not the ‘best-fit’ for an extended commercial plan that provides for long-term sustainability and profitability.
Finocean team have an accumulated 135+ tailor-fit ship newbuilding applications developed, contracted and delivered in Asian Shipyards, all surpassing currently existing benchmarks through market-based customization.
We discuss the commercial objectives of any new given Investment with a Ship Owner, and we analyse the deviation of current benchmarks compared to the desired performance sought.
We guide efficiently:
- the Ship Owner and their collaborative Ship Broker to select a better design,
- the Designer to make interventions and improvements,
- the Shipyards to implement such changes in an efficient manner that will render the project feasible and deliverable.
Customization is a smart way to enhance the return on Investment of a ship newbuilding by carefully implementing optimization techniques and interventions to the design, in a way to allow for commercial materialization and acceptance from the Shipyards.
Wherever needed, Finocean team will offer a Multi-Level support towards a successful Newbuilding contract signing and execution such as:
- Yard tendering management
- Shipbuilding Contract negotiations
- Financing support via external collaborative Partners
- Project management during ship construction